This is an overview of our T&Cs. Full T&Cs will be available to read and must be agreed when booking.
This is a legally binding contract between the property owner and the holidaymaker. The property owner is also referred to as "we" and "us".
The holidaymaker is the person who signs the booking form or, in the case of online booking, the person who makes the online payment. This person is responsible for ensuring all members of the holiday party accept and adhere to these terms and conditions. The holidaymaker is also referred to as "you".
The property referred to being Wnion Wood Lodge.
A booking deposit is payable within 5 days of the provisional booking being taken. The booking is taken on a provisional basis until the deposit has been paid in full and funds cleared through the banking system (where appropriate). The booking then becomes confirmed. Until the booking is confirmed, it can be cancelled at any time without prior notice.
The balance of the rental charge, along with the housekeeping deposit, is payable not less than 8 weeks prior to the start of the holiday. Failure to pay the deposit or balance in full by the due dates will constitute a cancellation of the holiday by the holidaymaker. Please be sure to note the due dates of these payments as reminders are not routinely issued.
Bookings made less than 8 weeks prior to the arrival date must be paid in full at the time of booking.
Cancellation by the Holidaymaker
If you need to cancel your holiday please contact us as soon as possible by email or phone and inform us of the reason for your cancellation.
In the first instance we will offer to move the dates of your holiday free of charge.
If the cost of the new chosen dates is higher you will be asked to pay the difference. Payment must be made within 5 days of the change of date or we will presume you wish to cancel, your booking will be cancelled and full cancellation T&Cs will apply (see below). We are unable to refund the difference if the cost is less than your booked dates.
If your original holiday dates are more than 16 weeks from time a change of date is confirmed normal cancellation policy will apply to your new dates.
If your original holiday dates are less than 16 weeks from when you confirm a change of date, the holiday will become non-refundable and 100% of booking will be charged if you wish to cancel a second time.
In the event of cancellation a charge will be made.
If your cancellation is more than 16 weeks from the date of your arrival 100% refund minus £50 administration fee.
Less than 16 weeks from the date of your arrival - 25% of booking (deposit).
4 weeks or less from the date of your arrival - 100% of booking.
Any housekeeping deposit paid will be refunded in the event of cancellation.
If the cancelled dates are rebooked a discretionary payment may be made to the holidaymaker and this will be determined at the time, taking into account amount retained for cancellation and value of nights rebooked.
We strongly recommend you take out holiday cancellation insurance.
Cancellations due to government Public Health Measures for Covid-19
If you have to cancel your booking because UK government public health measures imposed as a result of the Covid19 pandemic mean it is unlawful to travel to or to make use of the accommodation you booked, you may choose to
1. transfer your booking to a later date free of any administration charges, subject to availability – you will have to pay any difference in price if the cost of the new booking is higher or be reimbursed the difference if the cost of the new booking is lower;
2. request a voucher with a redemption value equal to the amount previously paid by you for the booking – the voucher terms and conditions will be available to you before you make your choice under this clause.
We strongly recommend you take out travel insurance in the event you have to cancel your trip.
Cancellation by the Property Owner
The property owner will endeavour to make sure the stated property is available for the dates contracted. In the unlikely event the property becomes not available and the property owner has to cancel the booking, the holidaymaker shall be entitled to a full refund. The property owner shall only be liable to return the monies received. No compensation or consequential losses shall be paid.
Whilst every care is taken to provide a true and accurate description of the property, over time, alterations are made and some things do change. The holidaymaker accepts that no refunds are available for such discrepancies.
The property owner reserves the right to enter the property, at a reasonable time, in the event of an emergency or remedial repair work being required.
The property owner is entitled to ask the holidaymaker to leave the property without any refund if, in the property owner's opinion, the behaviour of the holidaymaker and/or his/her party is unacceptable.
The property owner reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone, who in the property owner's opinion is not suitable to or capable of taking charge of the property.
The property owner reserves the right to ask the holidaymaker and their party to leave the property, without refund, should the behaviour of the holidaymaker and/or their party be considered by the property owner to be unreasonable.
Number of Guests
The maximum number of people entitled to stay at this property is 4 and furthermore, only those people named on the booking form are entitled to stay. If it is found that more people than agreed are using the property, this will be considered a breach of contract and the holidaymaker and his/her party will be asked to leave immediately without any refund. Sub letting or assignation of the let is prohibited.
Up to two dogs are permitted in the property strictly by prior arrangement. There is an additional fee of £20 per dog, per week (or up to 7 days if stay is less than one week). We ask that:
- Your dog is over 1 year of age and fully housetrained and clean indoors and that your dog is happy to be crated at night or will sleep in the kitchen happily (no crying or chewing) – please bring your dog’s crate with them if they use one as we cannot provide one.
- Never leave your dog unattended in our property – if you go out for the day and are unable to take your dog please arrange suitable care for your pet.
- Please bring towels to clean your dog up before entering the lodge after wet walks – please crate/confine your dog till they are dry. There is a hose point outside if you need to rinse off muddy paws.
- Please cover the sofas with blankets provided and do not allow your dog to jump up on them if possible – all 4 paws on the floor please.
- Please keep your dog out of the bedrooms – keep the doors closed.
- Please use the vacuum provided to clean up shed hairs.
- If your dog has an accident indoors or breaks something please let us know ASAP – we may charge for extra cleaning or breakages.
- Please pick up and bag any dog poo and place in the green bin – if our cleaner reports lots of poo you will be charged for additional cleaning.
- Our property is not fenced – keep your dog on the lead at all times outdoors.
- Keep your dog under control – we are surrounded by farmland. If we hear reports that your dog has been a nuisance you may be asked to leave.
Please discuss your dogs requirements before booking - we are happy to help.
Arrival and Departure Time
Every effort will be made to have the property available from 17:00 on the day of arrival. The property must be vacated by 09:00 on the day of departure. Late departure will result in an additional charge being made. Information about keys and how to collect them will be provided once full payment has been received.
If you have any questions regarding your current medical condition and the use of an infrared sauna please consult your doctor before use.
- Never sleep inside the sauna while it is on
- Do not use harsh cleaning agents on the interior of the sauna
- Do not stack or store objects on top of or inside the sauna
- Do not use during an electrical storm, as there is a remote risk of shock
- Altering or tampering with any electrical connections on the power supply is dangerous
- Do not attempt a repair if sauna is not working
If any of the below apply to you, consult your doctor prior to sauna use:
- Cardiovascular Issues, Obesity or Diabetes
- Medications – Individuals who are using prescription drugs should seek the advice of their personal doctor.
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse – Contrary to popular belief, it is not advisable to attempt to “sweat out” a hangover. Alcohol intoxication decreases a person’s judgment; therefore, he/she may not realise when the body has a negative reaction to high heat. Alcohol also increases the heart rate, which may be further increased by heat stress. The use of alcohol, drugs or medications prior to a sauna session may lead to unconsciousness.
- Elderly – The ability to maintain core body temperature decreases with age.
- Children – The core body temperature of children rises much faster than adults. Children under 12 years are not allowed to use the sauna.
- Chronic Conditions / Diseases Associated With Reduced Ability To Sweat Or Perspire
- Haemophiliacs / Individuals Prone To Bleeding
- Fever & Insensitivity to Heat
- Pregnancy – Pregnant women should consult a doctor before using an infrared sauna.
- Menstruation – Heating of the low back area of women during the menstrual period may temporarily increase menstrual flow. This should not preclude sauna use.
- Joint Injury – Recent (acute) joint injury should not be heated for the first 48 hours or until the swollen symptoms subside. Joints that are chronically hot and swollen may respond poorly to vigorous heating of any kind.
- Implants – You should consult your doctor prior to using.
- Pacemakers / Defibrillators – Please consult your doctor
In the rare event that you experience pain or discomfort, immediately discontinue sauna use.
- Please read instructions provided before use - improper use of the log burner is dangerous.
- Use fireguard provided when children are in the lodge.
- Do not burn wood with the log burner doors open.
- Use glove provided at all times - the door handles also get hot
- We provide one large basket of wood as part of your booking. More wood is available and we ask you leave a payment of £5 per additional basket. You may need to purchase more kindling from town.
- Do not burn anything other than wood that has been either provided by us, purchased from us, or bought elsewhere for the purpose of burning (seasoned, prechopped wood). Burning anything else in the log burner can be dangerous or cause damage - this includes wood which has been foraged/found outdoors and treated wood (varnished etc).
The property owner takes no responsibility for the personal possessions of the holidaymaker or the holidaymaker's party. Vehicles and possessions are left entirely at the risk of the holidaymaker.
Children must be supervised at all times.
We would like to think the holidaymaker and party would treat the property as they would their own home and at the end of the holiday the property is left in a clean and tidy condition. The property owner retains the right to make an additional charge for cleaning should the property not be left in a similar condition to the way it was found at the start of the holiday, including all bins emptied.
The holidaymaker should make every effort to keep the property, fixtures and fittings and all contents in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of the holiday. Any accidental dame or breakages should be reported to the property owner (or their representative) prior to departure. The property owner retains the right to make an additional charge for damage and breakages although it should be noted that minor breakages and reasonable wear and tear (in the opinion of the property owner) will not be charged for.
Every endeavour is made to ensure your stay with us is memorable for all the right reasons. However, we do recognise that from to time things do go wrong. In these circumstances, it is the responsibility of the holidaymaker to make any such problem known to the property owner (or their representative) immediately it becomes apparent, thereby giving the property owner the opportunity to correct the situation. Unless this procedure is followed, no subsequent claim will be entertained.
The property owner will make every endeavour to rectify any identified problems as soon as is reasonably possible.
Return of Housekeeping Deposit
Your housekeeping deposit, minus any deductions, will be returned to you within 2 weeks of the departure.
Reasons some or all of the deposit may be retained include (but are not limited to): breakages, damage to fixtures and fittings, additional cleaning required above and beyond what is expected, dog faeces left in garden, extra guests being reported as staying at the property.
- The property owner reserves the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- Candles/open flames are not allowed inside the lodge.
- Please respect the community and try to keep noise levels to a minimum.
- The property owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment or appliance in the building.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, internet connection or television service.
- Please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
- Please switch off lights, heating, or any electrical appliances when you go out.
- Do not take any bath towels with you to the beach.
- If any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The property is strictly no smoking or vaping.
- BBQs are not permitted at any time due to our woodland location and timber construction.